Those reports are the copyright of Info-Tech Research Group.
They can provide an academic outlook as to what is happening in the technology landscape, but not much else. CIOs & CTOs need a framework to develop concrete insight into what the future is likely to bring, and how it might impact how they operate IT and how their organisation does business.
- The increasing role technology plays in supporting core business offerings means the CIO must take on a position of technological stewardship – not just facilitate, but also spearhead and guide the adoption of transformative technologies. A multifaceted approach to emerging technology – one that considers the technology itself, the environment in which it is deployed, and its impact on both users and the business – is key.
Impact and Result
- Use Info-Tech’s learn-adopt-grow approach to target emerging technology strategically. Learn about changes in the technology landscape that alter the way you deploy transformative technologies. Adopt the cutting-edge technologies that are right for your business. Finally, grow as a technology leader by considering both business and human impacts of technological change.
CIO Trends Reports
CIO Trend Report 2019it-CIO-Trend-Report-2019
2020 IT Talents Trendit-2020-IT-Talent-Trend-Report-The-Six-Trends
Tech Trend Reports
- Although IT may have time to look at trends, it does not have the capacity to analyze the trends and turn them into initiatives.
- IT does not have time to parse trends for initiatives that are relevant to them.
- The business complains that if IT does not pursue trends the organisation will get left behind by cutting-edge competitors. At the same time, when IT pursues trends, the business feels that IT is unable to deal with the basic issues.
- Take advantage of a trend by first understanding why it is happening and how it is actionable. Build momentum now. Breaking a trend into bite-sized initiatives and building them into your IT foundations enables the organization to maintain pace with competitors and make the technological leap.
- The concepts of shadow IT and governance are critical. As it becomes easier for the business to purchase its own applications, it will be essential for IT to embrace this form of user empowerment. With a diminished focus on vendor selection, IT will drive the most value by directing its energy toward data and integration governance.
Impact and Result
- Determine how to explore, adopt, and optimize the technology and practice initiatives in those reports by understanding which core objective(s) each initiative serves:
- Optimize the effectiveness of the IT organization.
- Boost the productivity of the enterprise.
- Enable business growth through technology.
Schedule a call with an analyst now or join our mailing list to have access to those reports in your mailbox.