Respond Effectively to COVID-19
COVID-19 still has a lot of unknowns. Despite efforts by international and regional health authorities, misinformation and misinterpretation of available information are complicating the situation as individuals and organizations seek to quickly understand the risks posed to themselves and others.
- Organizations often implement an asset management program as a one-off project and let it stagnate.
- Organizations often fail to dedicate adequate resources to the hardware asset management (HAM) process, leading to unfinished processes and inconsistent standards.
- HAM programs yield a large amount of useful data. Unfortunately, this data is often underutilized. Departments within IT become data siloes, preventing effective use of the data.
Impact and Result
What you need to know about COVID-19 and what can you do to prepare NOW:
- Take immediate actions to provide calm and information, assign clear accountability, address work travel, promote proper hygiene, and limit the opportunity for the virus to spread in your organization.
- Monitor updates daily from reputable health authorities about the spread of COVID-19.
- Begin or review crisis management and business continuity planning for the inevitable impact to your organization as the situation deteriorates globally.