Improve security effectiveness by harnessing the wisdom of your team.
No one knows your organisation’s security processes and technologies better than your IT team. Info-Tech’s Security Effectiveness reports let you leverage the collective knowledge of your staff to enhance security effectiveness in the area (or areas) you’d like to focus on. Use these reports to optimize policies and processes, drive improvement in technology usage and decisions, and facilitate alignment, consistency, and knowledge transfer among your team.
The Applied Security Framework Model is derived from COBIT and TOGAF, two globally accepted frameworks used by businesses to optimise the value of IT. Security Effectiveness reports are available in the following security areas:
- Governance and Management
- End User Devices
Report Components and Benefits
Policy and Process Effectiveness Report
- Visualizes your team’s perspectives on security policies and processes, and uses this data to make specific recommendations for your situation.
- Measures your team’s confidence that key policies and processes are identifying and preventing threats, and plots this data against potential adverse impact on user experience.
- Measures your team’s perception of process formality and execution consistency, which lets your identify gaps and get everyone on the same page.
Technology Effectiveness Report
- Visualises your team’s perspectives on security technologies, and uses this data to make specific recommendations regarding technology effectiveness and team alignment.
- Measures your team’s opinions and usage of each installed technology based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Confidence that the technology is identifying and preventing threats
- Ease of use
- Effort to maintain
- Feature comprehensiveness
- Degree to which the technology’s capabilities are being utilized
- Satisfaction with vendor support
- Informs purchasing decisions by measuring your team’s opinions on technologies not currently installed.
Team Alignment Worksheets
One for each installed technology
Contains all the information you need to standardize your approach and ensure optimal value from each of your technologies: specific items for attention or discussion, areas to potentially reconsider, opportunities for knowledge transfer, and comments to consider from your team.